3 Step Registration Process
Step 1: Register online or complete the PDF Registration form,
which is linked to here: SAM Soccer Camp Registration Form.
Step 2: Complete the Medical Waiver form, which is linked to here: Medical Waiver Form.
If your child must take medication while they attend camp, please complete the Medical Disbursement Authorization Form and have it signed by your child’s physician,
which is linked here: Medical Disbursement Authorization Form.
Step 3: If you registered online, please complete the Consent and Liability Waiver Form, which is linked to here: SAM Soccer Consent and Liability Waiver Form.
Note: When you arrive to the camp for the first day, you will be asked to sign off an a field trip to the Splash Playground, located within the South Germantown Rec Complex. All completed forms can be faxed, e-mailed or brought in; here is the necessary information:
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax: (301) 540-4276
- SAM Soccer Summer Camp - Discovery Sports Center, 18031 Central Park Circle Boyds, MD 20841
- June 16 - 20
- June 23 - 27
- July 21 - 27
- July 28 - August 1
- August 4 - 8
- Full Day - 9:00am-3:00pm, $235
- Half Day - 9:00am-12:00pm, $145
- Child Care is available: 8am-9am; 3pm-5pm (Call 301-528-1480 for more information)
- Improve individual technique and tactics
- Provide individual attention
- Develop sportsmanship, cooperation and initiatives
The camp is run by Gary Burke, who has been around SAM and the Maryland SoccerPlex for five years now, and who has been involved with training and coaching children in some way since 1996.
Gary, an Englishman, has an impressive soccer resume. In 1998 he played for the England Boys Clubs in a 4 nation’s tournament in Wales, and won the Football Association County Youth Championship in 1999 (the highest award given to youth soccer in the country). In 2000, Gary again played England School Boys under 18’s, and in 2001 he came to America to continue his soccer education. Awarded a Division One Scholarship from St. Francis University, Gary played from 2001-2005 for the Red Flash, earning his Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology along the way and leading his team to their first ever playoff appearance under his captaincy. He is currently a coach with the Maryland Olympic Development Program.
Gary Burke is a fantastic coach, one who comes to “every training session with energy and great preparation.” It is our hope that you continue your child’s soccer education with SAM this summer, and learn from one of the most enthusiastic and accomplished coaches around.
- Players grouped by age and ability
- Groups and teams are kept together
- Excellent player/coach ratio
Who Can Attend
- Girls and boys ages 6-16 that have the desire to learn, work hard and have fun
- Maryland SoccerPlex in Germantown
- The SoccerPlex has 19 high-quality soccer fields and 3 synthetic turf fields
- In case of inclement weather, the complex can make use of its indoor arena, the Discovery Sports Center
- Field #10 for camp on June 16 - June 20
- Field #10 for camp on June 23 - June 27
- Field # TBD for camp on July 21 - July 25
- Field # TBD for camp on July 29 - August 1
- Field # TBD for camp on August 4 - August 8
What to Bring
- Shin guards
- Soccer ball
- Sun screen
- Flip flops or sneakers (for when the players come inside for lunch, no cleats in the building)
- Lunch (for full day campers only...or bring money to purchase lunch at the snack bar)
If you submit a request to withdraw prior to the start of camp, you will receive a refund minus a $50 non-refundable administrative fee.