Important Information for All SAM Rec Coaches - PLEASE CLICK HERE
SAM Rec is an 8-Week Recreational Soccer League. The Spring league runs from April through June and the Fall league runs from September through November.
Important Spring 2018 SAM Rec League Dates:
- February 26th Early registration deadline. $10 increase in price for both Rec and SELECT
- March 16th Game Request Deadline (requests after this date WILL NOT be honored)
- March 16th Last date to register a team.
- March 16th Last date to apply for a grant
- March 20th Mandatory Coaches meeting
- March 23rd Game Schedule Released.
March 24th SAM Day at Dick’s
- March 28th Uniform Pick Up Begins
- March 30th Rec and SELECT player registration deadline.
- April 6th to 8th NO PLAYER REGISTARTIONS WILL BE PROCESSED THIS WEEKEND.
- April 6th First weekend of SELECT games
- April 7th First weekend of rec games
- April 10th ALL Rosters are frozen.(No additional players can be moved or dropped from your teams).
- May 26-28th No Games
- June 1st -3rd Last weekend of games
- All games will be played at the Maryland SoccerPlex.
- Players will receive a full SAM uniform (jersey, shorts and socks) - only given out ONCE a year during the Fall season
- Players must provide their own shinguards, which are required to be worn during all games.
- Teams usually practice one to two times per week (usually on weekday evenings as determined by the coach).
Click here for a PDF version of the NEW SAM Rec Age Chart
Click here for a PDF version of the NEW SAM Rec standards
Click here for a PDF version of the NEW field dimensions for SAM Rec.