Lightning Detection System
The purpose of this system is to protect patrons using the facility when dangerous storms pass through.
Sensors have been installed on the roof of the Discovery Sports Center. When dangerous conditions exist, the following steps will take place:
- Horns on the roof will sound for 15 seconds
- The 15-second blast indicates ALL patrons must immediately go to their cars
- This 15-second horn will blast when dangerous conditions have been identified, even if you do not see lightning, do not ignore this signal
- When dangerous conditions no longer exist, the horns will blast 3 shorter bursts
- You may return to the field after the 3 shorter blasts have sounded
An automated external defibrillator (or AED) is a portable electronic device that automatically diagnoses the potentially life threatening cardiac arrhythmias of ventricular fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia in a person.
There are five devices currently installed at the complex (with a sixth to be added) in the following locations:
- Inside the Discovery Sports Center, directly across from the front desk (next to the trophy case)
- One in each satellite restroom building
- One attached to the pole on the scoreboard at the Stadium field
To learn how to use the AEDs at the MD SoccerPlex please visit: http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/y9963sayhq?popover=true