UPDATE: As of February 9 at 5pm, a new Montgomery County Executive Order was issued stipulating that masks are required for all sports activities, both indoors and outdoors. As such, players will be required to be masked at all times for games at the SoccerPlex.
As this is a fluid situation from week to week, it will be impossible to determine what protocols will be mandated by the time our spring season starts. SAM Soccer and the Maryland SoccerPlex will comply with all state and county safety protocols that are in place at the time the season starts. The safety of our athletes, coaches, referees, and staff are our number one priority and SAM Soccer and the Maryland SoccerPlex may implement additional safety protocols that may exceed federal, state, and county guidelines should we feel that is necessary.
As an example, these are the protocols that will be in place unless updated mandates are issued by government or medical authorities.:
- Participating players and coaches must complete an electronic Health Check form before every game date. This form confirms that the player or coach has been asymptomatic and has not had a fever within 24 hours before every game. If a form is not completed for a player or coach, that player or coach may not participate on that day.
- Only one spectator per player is allowed in the area of the fields and must remain behind the dashed line that is painted around the perimeter of the field.
- UPDATE, 2/9/21: Masks must be worn by all adults AND children at all times. Masks must also be worn by players at all times.
- Sanitation stations have been added to each field grouping and at comfort stations.
- Game start times have been adjusted to allow time for departing players for less people around the fields.